Monday, April 23, 2012

Phase 2, day 3

Well today was the beginning of 43 days of the Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) on the HCG diet.  I am only allowed to have 500 calories which is to include a very small variety of food.  Today's menu looked like this:

Breakfast
6 oz strawberries

Lunch
3.5 oz chicken
3 tomatoes cut and salted
1 grassini breadstick

Dinner
3.5 oz chicken
4 oz spinach wilted (I should have had 7 oz but didn't have enough spinach)
6 oz strawberries
1 grassini breadstick

In addition I drank six 28 oz bottles of water

I haven't felt hungry all day but I really want some chocolate.  I am a sugar addict and I think giving up my sweets is going to be the hardest part of this whole ordeal.  Although I don't feel hungry I do feel very tired and grumpy.  This could be attributed to staying up super late last night BBQing with my sis and bro, which was a blast!  It could also be because of the near 90's weather that is overcast and threatening a nice storm.  Either way I feel like I am moving through sand today and I have been very distracted.  I had to wait at the crossing light to go pick my son up from school, I missed the light three times because I kept getting distracted by the traffic and people around me.

In general today was just a rough day.  I run a daycare and specialize in infants and toddlers.  All of my babies are under a year old and two of them were super fussy today.  This usually doesn't bother me but it really got to me today, luckily my assistant showed up just in time to give me a nice break.  All of the babies are fighting stuffy noses, I think from allergies but one ended up with an ear infection.  Poor little guy.

I had to force myself to sit down and blog today.  I won't be blogging on Wednesdays and Sundays because those are my husbands days off of work and he keeps me pretty busy.  I used to write all of the time, it was like a compulsion when I was younger.  I took a journal with me everywhere and wrote mostly in code and poems but I can still look back on my journal now and tell you exactly what was happening at the time.  I want to write more which is why I started this blog but some days I feel so drained from my job and family that it seems like just one more thing begging for my attention.  I know writing will make me feel better and it is so good to get your thoughts out even if nobody is reading this but because I am feeling down I fear I may bring whoever is reading this down as well.  Oh well, here it is.  Blog post number 2, all a part of becoming Dainey, even on the days when I would like to be just about anybody else.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment